Our client, a well respected and leading Online Gaming company, is looking to appoint a Systems Engineer who is enthusiastic and passionate about technology. The ideal candidate would have solid experience with Solaris, Veritas Infoscale, SAN Storage/Fabrics and Backup /Recovery solutions as well as eagerness to learn new technologies.
This role will be reporting to the Head of System Operations.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Support a heterogeneous production environment and be the subject matter expert with our Solaris, Storage and Backup technologies
- Design and implement new solutions with repeatability, efficiency, security, and reliability
- Identify, analyse and drive through improvements in core systems
- Able to provide a high level of technical support to the rest of the Infrastructure Team as well as other IT stakeholders
- Be available to work on-call one week in every four (you can deal with any issues from home and you will receive additional compensation per year)
- Extensive and recent experience with Solaris and Veritas is crucial. This candidate will be the central solaris admin.
- Expert in every aspect of Solaris 10, Veritas cluster, VXVM, SAN Storage, Backup technologies
- Strong knowledge of Linux, general networking and fundamental administration skills is required
- A working knowledge of a scripting language such as Bash, Python or Ansible would be advantageous
- Adequate knowledge of CI/CD, Git, VMware concepts and other virtualization technologies are advisable
- Knowledge and experience of Docker/K8s whilst not a requirement would be welcomed
- An understanding of cloud concepts and DevOps procedures, knowledge of specific cloud providers would be especially useful
- It would be advantageous to have experience with orchestration tools such as Terraform, Salt or Ansible
- Must be a good team player with a highly motivated attitude
- Experience working with large global multi-site environments
If you would like to discuss this opportunity, then please don’t hesitate to contact Castle Hill today.