Senior Database Administrator (MySQL)
Database Administrator (Oracle)| Online Gaming | Gibraltar
Salary: Competitive + Relocation Assistance + Bonus
Our client is an innovative technology company looking to drive the future of the online gaming.
The leaders of the business have a wealth of experience in the online gaming industry and really understand the challenges their clients face. They have the knowledge, tools and technology to help drive their clients forward.
They now have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Database Administrator (MySQL). The Senior Database Administrator role is to ensure the availability, reliability and stable Operation of the Production Infrastructure and Database Systems. This includes maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas, including, Server Infrastructure, Clustering and Database Applications. You’ll be working on the IT Operations & Infrastructure Team. This includes working on premise on different Shifts, weekends and holidays when required (24×7 ROTA).
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for MySQL, Redis and other NoSQL Server instances
- Implements, optimizes and maintains Redis, MySQL high availability
- Performance tuning through the different tools available in Redis, MySQL
- Administers security and disaster recovery Design and Planning of databases, including back up, restore, recovery, auditing and health checks
- Designs, implements and maintains complex Database Systems and Applications involved with these Databases (Store Procedures, Reports, Query optimizations, etc)
- Performs Redis, MySQL installations, configurations, patch updates, monitoring and version upgrades when recommended and required
- Works incident tickets including problem analysis, root cause and solution implementation
- Performs standard database operations, SQL programming and optimization
- Research and test new Database Technologies planning PoCs accordingly
- Database Systems Analysis identifying inefficient Database Processes and recommendations
- Demonstrate strong operational Database Administration and troubleshooting skills
- Measures Risks (Risk Assessment exercises) and provide recommendations accordingly
What you’ll need to bring:
- 6+ years administering MySQL, PostgreSQL or other NoSQL technologies
- Experience in migrating and upgrading Redis, MongoDB, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Experience in architecting and leading Database solutions
- Experience in Index/Jobs fine tuning and optimizations
- Experience in Disaster recovery planning and implementation
- Very good understanding of SQL Programming and execution plans
- Good scripting skills (Bash/Python) and well-versed with Linux systems
- Valuable experience with Elastic System (ElasticSearch, Logstash, Kibana)
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS/GCP (or any other Cloud provider) is an advantage
- Monitoring Tools experience like APMs/EUMs (AppDynamics) and ELK-Kibana is preferred
Based in Gibraltar, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days sunshine per year! For further information regarding relocating to Gibraltar/Southern Spain and working in the online gaming industry, please have a look at our YouTube video.
So, if you would like to take on this exciting position, offering excellent career growth, please contact us at email@example.com or apply below.