NetOps Engineer | Tech Driven Online Gaming Innovator| Gibraltar
Castle Hill is working with an established technology first online gaming company to recruit a talented NetOps Engineer. Through developing awesome products and putting the customer at the heart of the business, this is an organisation who really put themselves at the front of the pack.
If you are an established NetOps Engineer and enjoy solving problems on both physical and virtual platforms and you are looking to use your talent within a self-organised digital development team, then this opportunity could be for you……
What’s on Offer
- Cool working environment with a dynamic, collaborative and ego free environment
- Working in Gibraltar’s newest office complex with a bespoke office environment to allow a nimble Agile style, plus cool break out areas
- Opportunity to work with like minded Developer’s where you will be able to share knowledge, learn and further develop your skills
What will you be doing?
- Deploy, scale and automate our network across multiple global datacenters and Cloud providers
- Produce intelligent, scalable, and maintainable automation solutions across our enterprise class datacentre environment
- Design and implement scalable, efficient, and cost-effective network automation framework used to solve real problems
- Managing the infrastructure with software: Ansible and Terraform
- Constantly monitor and analyse the network environment in order to identify opportunities to introduce efficiencies by way of automation
- Liaise with the Network and DevOps team to determine their requirements from the network and identify further opportunities for automation
- Implementing VPC, AWS Direct connect / gateway, NACL and security groups
- Load balancing and configuration of auto scaling
- Accelerate and encourage cloud adoption across the teams
- Plan, design, deploy, configure, integrate, and maintain internal and external networks using Cloud Service Provider and 3rd -party services and capabilities
- Configure virtual, cloud-based and cloud-native switching, routing, and firewall settings, protocols, ports, services, access controls, and devices through manual and automated means (scripts, automation and orchestration tools, APIs, etc.)
- Understand and implement underlying cloud, container, and micro-segmentation infrastructures, and configurations to support controlled network interactions such as; tagging, peering, policy-based routing, and edge transport
- Create simple, repetitive deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Translate physical legacy topology and policy into a Cloud alternative
- Support on-premise network migrations to the cloud
- Develop ways to automate the scaling of our network
- Ensure network fabric security and availability
- Participate in the Network Team Out-of-hours support rota
What will you bring?
- 3+ years industry experience in a similar environment
- Product knowledge and hands on experience in architecting, implementing and supporting Public Cloud infrastructures (AWS, Azure, Google, Oracle Cloud etc)
- Possess cloud related certifications such as AWS Certified Solutions Architect, SysOps Administrator, Developer
- Excellent IP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application and troubleshooting of IP protocols
- Excellent TCP networking fundamentals and extensive experience in the application and troubleshooting of TCP
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with major internet routing protocols; specifically, BGP and OSPF
- Experience working with large-scale networks
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Significant past experience with, and expertise in many of the following protocols & technologies: DWDM, 802.2/3, 802.1d VLANs/STP, IPv4 & IPv6, TCP (internals & flow control), BGP, OSPF, HSRP/VRRP/GLBP, PIMv2, IGMP, LDP, TACACS, IPSEC & VPNs, Netflow, DNS, HTTP, SSL, 40/100Gbps
- Experience in a large e-commerce organization and the ability to cope in a technically complex and fast changing environment
- Load-balancing local and global methodologies
- Security: Firewalls, DDOS mitigation, WAF, L1-7 defences
- VPN Technologies (GRE/IPSec/SSL)
If this sounds a lot like you, then send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to discussing this awesome opportunity in more detail…..
If you are not already fortunate enough to be living here in this part of the world, then have a look at our video of what a great lifestyle opportunity it is, and find out what it’s like to work in the industries and gain a real insight into living in Gibraltar or one of the nearby Spanish towns: YouTube video.