Major Incident Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits Package + Relocation Assistance
Our client, a household name whose brand is engrained through the gambling and betting industry is currently recruiting for a Major Incident Manager.
The Major Incident Management Function is required to drive operational excellence throughout the technology organisation by execution of a high standard of Major Incident Management.
This function is integral to the success of Service Quality and Technology as a whole. The role will be responsible for ALL major incidents for all services within the Group.
This is an exciting and challenging position where the successful Major Incident Manager will be responsible for:
- Report and escalate directly to the MISOC Manager where required.
- Work on various shifts and on call to facilitate 24x7x365 support. All shifts will be office based.
- Act as ‘One Voice’ of Technology during Major Incidents providing accurate, concise information and where needed handling conversations at senior stakeholder level.
- Personally, manage major incidents and act as an escalation point to ensure timely resolution of incidents within expectations and SLAs.
- Host and manage appropriate Major Incident technical and management calls to facilitate the restoration of major incidents.
- Ensure all Major Incidents have accurate business impact statements, ongoing actions, detailed recovery plans that are communicated to the correct audience throughout the incident lifecycle.
- Where necessary create exec summaries of major incidents and present to senior stakeholders (CIO and COO level)
- Effectively manage 3rd party, suppliers and vendors ensuring the support and commitment is carried out for major incidents and where needed escalate to senior management.
- Conduct Post Incident Reviews by ensuring the right level of attendance by key team members and has a clear disciplined model that is followed.
- Work in tandem with the Head of Continuous Improvement ensuring the Major Incident Management process is governed and regularly reviewed, and updated as required, to ensure full integration with other relevant processes, reflecting ITIL best practice guidelines.
- Ensure that all IT teams (internal and external) follow the incident management process for every incident.
- Develop and maintain relationships with senior stakeholders across Technology and the Business to instil confidence and trust in managing critical situations.
- Define and deliver Event Support Models ensuring that we have the most optimal operating models, processes and procedures in place for our key sporting events and busy sporting calendars.
- Lead and drive Hyper Care models where needed so that we offer the best service to our customers following the launch and delivery of new products and features.
- Produce high quality incident reports that have a clear meaningful view of the event along with the business impact, next steps and improvements.
- Produce weekly, monthly and ad-hoc reports where required and tailor them to the relevant audience.
- Attend monthly service reviews with vendors, suppliers and 3rd parties contributing to the review of incidents, service levels and improvements.
If this Major Incident Manager opportunity within the fast paced world of online gaming is of interest to you then you will need the following skills and experience:
- Technology related degree level or higher qualification
- ITIL or similar certification
- Kepnor Tregoe (Desirable)
- Worked in FTSE 100 organisation
- Previous and demonstrable experience with Major Incident Management in a large multi-vendor environment (including outsourced) and complex infrastructure.
- Gravitas, personable, robust, self-starter, and enthusiastic.
- Ability to communicate concisely, effectively and instil confidence at Executive and Board level.
- In depth working knowledge of service management processes (Incident, Problem and Change Management)
- Strong time management and efficiency skills, organised and delivery focused, good planning skills, and process driven.
- Experience of working and delivering in a high-pressure environment with multiple priorities.
- Able to negotiate in difficult situations to reach a successful conclusion.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills for internal stakeholders, customers, and third party suppliers.
- Be able to proactively manage customer expectations.
- IT Service experience with knowledge or understanding of IT platforms, operating systems, infrastructure and technology environments would be advantageous.
- Ability to manage and resolve conflict and able to work effectively at all levels of the organisation.
- People orientated with experience of influencing and impacting leadership communities at varying levels.
- Previous experience in the eGaming industry (Casino, Poker, Sports) advantageous but not essential.
- Ability to travel across locations.
Based in Gibraltar, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days sunshine per year! For further information regarding relocating to Gibraltar/Southern Spain and working in the online gaming industry, please have a look at our YouTube video.
So, if you would like to take on this exciting position, offering excellent career growth, ongoing training and development working for a market leader then send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org