DW Developer (Maternity Cover)
Salary: £ 35,000 – £42,000 + Benefits + Relocation Assistance
The DW Developer will integrate within a team of 3 developers, and help the client succeed in the Big Data challenge. Their existing data organism is driving commercial value across the organisation and this role will play a fundamental part in delivering on expectations.
Working closely with all customer facing departments, this role will require someone who is comfortable working closely on marketing projects and liaising with other key stakeholders.
This challenging yet exciting DW Developer opportunity will see the successful candidate take on the following responsibilities:
- Will be responsible for working on the development of various business areas.
- Contribute substantially in the implementation of business intelligence solutions using Talend, Cloudera, Tableau and Oracle.
- Ensure that the Data Integration stack (Talend Big Data) batch jobs code base is appropriately engineered to maintain current functionality, and that development adheres to performance optimisation, interoperability standards and requirements, and compliance with IT governance policies.
- Contribute substantially in the Data Warehouse development lifecycle from business requirements to development of logical design, translation to physical design, ETL code development and testing.
- Identify gaps from ‘as-is’ to ‘to-be.’
- Data cleansing approach.
- Contribute to the technical design documents, Use Cases, test cases and User
- Manuals for various projects. Conducts bug fixing, code reviews, and unit, functional and integration testing.
- Contribute substantially in maintaining and monitoring Enterprise Data Warehouse
- System (EDW) on production and development servers.
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for then you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- 3+ years of experience in DW development roles working with ETL and DI technologies (required).
- Experience working with Talend Big Data (required).
- 3 years working with complex development projects (required).
- Data warehouse or data mart analysis and design experience (required).
- Practical knowledge and experience in Hadoop related projects: Hive, Spark (preferred).
- Ability to analyse and improve queries (required).
- Experience working with Linux environments (required).
- Excellent RDBMS (Oracle, SQL Server) knowledge for development using ANSI SQL and related dialects (required).
- Appetitive to approach data transportation / transformation problems with Java based technologies (required).
- Team-player excited to work in a fast-paced environment (required).
- Shares own expertise with others. Interprets internal and / or external business issues and best practice in own discipline (required).
Based in Gibraltar, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days’ sunshine per year! For further information regarding relocating to Gibraltar/Southern Spain and working in the online gaming industry, please have a look at our YouTube video.
So, if you are looking for this exciting position, and want to work for an industry leader in the sun, look no further and send your CV to email@example.com