Database Administrator (Oracle)
Database Administrator (Oracle)| Online Gaming | Gibraltar
Salary: Competitive + Relocation Assistance + Bonus
Our client is an innovative technology company looking to drive the future of the online gaming.
The leaders of the business have a wealth of experience in the online gaming industry and really understand the challenges their clients face. They have the knowledge, tools and technology to help drive their clients forward.
They now have a fantastic opportunity for a Database Administrator (Oracle). As a Database Administrator (Oracle), will need to ensure the availability, reliability and stable Operation of the Production Infrastructure and Database Systems. This includes maintaining, supporting and optimizing key functional areas, including, Server Infrastructure, Clustering and Database Applications.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for all Oracle Databases instances (Virtual, Native Servers and ExaData) Implements, optimizes and maintains Databases high availability best practices aiming to ensure maximum Availability to the solution
- Implements and maintains complex Database Systems and Applications involved with these
- Databases (Store Procedures, Reports, Query optimizations, etc.)
- Ensures the best standards and recommendations for the Database Platform (Clustering, Hardware, OS, Configuration, Technologies)
- Measures and understand/analyze Performance Metrics and recommend improvements based on baselines and behaviour under different conditions
What you’ll need to bring:
- 4+ years administering Oracle Databases and Platforms in their different versions
- Experience with Oracle different Tools and Licenses (Enterprise Manager, GoldenGate, etc.)
- Projects experience in migrating and upgrading Oracle Database Technologies
- Proficient in Linux OS and other Database Technologies like Redis, MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Experienced fine-tuning and optimizing Database configurations and performance
- Very good understanding of SQL Programming and execution plans
- Valuable experience with different Monitoring Tools (like ElasticSearch, Kibana, OEM)
- Ability to work On-call and in a 24/7 Shifting and flexible environment
- Ability to read and analyze business processes, procedures, training material
- Familiarity with Amazon AWS/GCP/Oracle (or any other Cloud provider) is desirable
- Monitoring Tools experience and Analysis like Database APMs (NewRelic/AppDynamics) Interested in full Application/Environment performance and behaviour is an advantage
- Familiar with Automation and other Provisioning/Configuration Management Tools (CI/CD) is an advantage
Based in Gibraltar, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days sunshine per year! For further information regarding relocating to Gibraltar/Southern Spain and working in the online gaming industry, please have a look at our YouTube video.
So, if you would like to take on this exciting position, offering excellent career growth, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply below.