Data Scientist| Tech Driven Online Gaming Innovator| Gibraltar
Salary: Competitive + Relocation Assistance
Castle Hill is working with an established technology first online gaming company to recruit an experienced Data Scientist. Through developing awesome products and putting the customer at the heart of the business, this is an organisation that really put themselves at the front of the pack.
If you enjoy machine learning, big data and are looking to use your talent within a self-organised team, responsible for clear insightful reporting, then this opportunity could be for you……
What’s on Offer
- Cool working environment with a dynamic, collaborative and ego free environment
- Working in Gibraltar’s newest office complex with a bespoke office environment to allow a nimble Agile style, plus cool break out areas
- Opportunity to work alongside like-minded people where you will be able to share knowledge, learn and further develop your skills
What will you be doing?
- Provide clear, insightful reporting with a focus on value impact, measured in the most appropriate way for the topic
- Design and develop processes to extract data received from various internal sources, transform them into meaningful data elements relevant to the business, combine various data elements, and load them into various types of database schemas
- Work collaboratively with the Data Science team to build data models
- Supporting the Data Science function to deliver a wide range of data science projects
- Working with stakeholders and heads of departments to ensure the right questions are being asked and the answers given are timely, accurate, appropriate and insightful
What will you bring?
- Degree in a business, scientific or quantitative field
- Proven experience as a Data Scientist
- Strong analytical skills to contextualise business needs and the insight derived to serve those needs
- Ability to handle, interpret and analyse data efficiently
- Statistical analysis techniques
- Experience of Big Data querying tools, such as Hive and/or Impala
- Profound knowledge of querying data with SQL, including the ability to work with complex data structures
- Hands on experience in R and/or Python
- Knowledge of a variety of machine learning techniques (clustering, decision tree learning, artificial neural networks, etc.) and their real-world advantages/drawbacks.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions, statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- Working knowledge of data visualization tools such as Tableau Qlickview or PowerBI
- Proactive, independent, responsible and eager to learn
If you are a Data Scientist and this sounds a lot like you, then send a copy of your CV to email@example.com
We look forward to discussing this awesome opportunity in more detail…..
If you are not already fortunate enough to be living here in this part of the world, then have a look at our video of what a great lifestyle opportunity it is, and find out what it’s like to work in the industries and gain a real insight into living in Gibraltar or one of the nearby Spanish towns: YouTube video.