Content Operations Manager
Salary: Competitive + Benefits + Relocation Assistance
Our client a well-respected and leading Online Gaming company is looking to appoint a dynamic and highly skilled Content Operations Manager to report to the Head of Content Operations.
The Content team will be accountable for the quality, accuracy and tactical positioning of content managed sports inventory across all brands on all platforms for Digital and Retail channels. As a Content Operations Manager you will be responsible for using CMS applications, such as OpenBet, Mobenga, Oxygen, Adobe Experience Manager (AEM), BGT and Grand Parade, for the creation and management of Sportsbook websites, applications and other mediums. You will be required to support and facilitate the wider content team by implementing and managing a rota that aligns with the sports schedule and provides optimal coverage at key times of operation. You will be expected to compile a sports schedule of events and use this to inform a content strategy, to be referenced on a daily basis across all brands, channels and product.
Using financial, web and activity trends you will aim to optimise content execution, by tracking successful techniques and using these to inform an adaptive strategy. Using our banner carousels and CMS tools you will be responsible for ensuring that the betting events and opportunities we present on our mobile site are always timely, relevant and engaging. Our ‘best free bet offers’, the in-play betting that’s on TV right now, the ‘Price Boost’ on the big match starting soon…. You will be responsible for that customer experience in real time.
In order to define efficient processes and communication cross-team you will work with Brand, Marketing, CRM, VIP, Creative, Gaming and other relevant internal teams to drive operational synergies and improvements, in order to support both brands and channels.
This challenging yet exciting Content Operations Manager opportunity will see the successful candidate take on the following responsibilities:
- Create and manage a rota that facilitates the provision of content coverage during working hours and provides extended coverage at required times.
- Recruit, mentor and develop the team by providing development, coaching, objectives and goal setting, performance management and other people policies as required ensuring the team is motivated, productive and fully compliant with all regulations and legislation.
- Provide direction to the department, creating and embedding a culture where continuous improvement is embraced
- Creation and distribution of the sports schedule by compiling a schedule of sports and other events in relation to betting opportunities. This will be used to inform the content strategy, support the content team daily operations and form a content operations specific pack distributed to the wider business
- Track any streamed, televised and non-televised events that represent a tactical opportunity in terms of driving revenue on market offerings
- Use the sports schedule to define a daily content strategy and priorities that will drive engagement and turnover
- Cross-reference analytical and financial data in order to optimise the display of events against the schedule and at peak times. You will balance the inclusion of marketing and gaming content
- Oversee the consistency and execution of content across all brands and platforms. It will be your responsibility to become intimately familiar with the separate brand strategies and ensure that brand values are upheld and maintained across the different products
- Capture and report on web trends and financial data to enhance the implementation and management of content across the different brands and channels to drive uplift by identifying key revenue and engagement drivers and applying this learning to all content areas
- Conduct regular one-to-one sessions with the content team to track issues and mange performance. You will report any concerns or pertinent information to the Head of Content, in order for this to be used to support the wider team
- Support the testing of CMS and relevant functionality changes
- Work with the Gaming team specifically to inform and report on cross-sell initiatives. Track the impact of anything implement and work to drive uplift for all relevant contact points
- Log, audit and distribute workload to the wider team in terms of content creation. Track and monitor these tasks and drive synergies and improvements where appropriate
- Capture and put forward CMS development items that will create synergies and efficiencies for the team and the wider business, with a view of consolidating as much content management and creation overhead as possible
- Creation and management of the homepage and sports page carousel areas on Sportsbook, using a variety of platforms and tools
- Produce banner content using promotional materials provided by the Brand, VIP, Gaming and Creative teams, as well as for odds based tactical/strategic instances, product positioning and editorial instances. To support this you will need to source photography from image providers, create research driven copy, use Photoshop to crop images and update templates ahead of upload and publish
- Monitor price changes, the trading strategy and onsite trends to tactically order, position and prioritise the content created throughout the day
- Populate and manage the promotion page on Sportsbook, using copy and creative assets provided by Brand, VIP, Marketing and Gaming teams to publish concession and product information pages. You will create consistent, functional and optimised promotion pages, in order to support the brand’s promotional strategy
- Create individual instances of acquisition, retention and four variations of VIP specific content. This will involve proofing, scheduling and manual prioritisation and positioning of this content to align with press, CRM and the sports schedule
- Creation and management of the Sportsbook cross-sell areas, using various platforms. You will be required to produce banner content using promotional materials provided by the Brand, VIP, Gaming and Creative teams, as well as for odds based tactical/strategic instances and product positioning. You will be required to monitor price changes, the trading strategy and onsite trends to tactically order, position and prioritise the content created throughout the day
- Manage the Sportsbook menu links and areas using the daily sports schedule in order to optimise the positioning of key menu links. You will be need to track and act upon key trends and metrics in order influence the priority of menu links throughout the day
- Populate and manage the Sportsbook featured content on desktop and mobile, whilst referencing the sports schedule and content plan to create, schedule and position the featured content areas with the most relevant and engaging content at any given time. You will be expected to track web trends and amend the content strategy accordingly to stimulate activity and drive turnover. You will need to support any marketing strategy, placement and journeys to create a seamless experience for customers, in positioning promoted markets and selections
- Highlight any topical developments during the day in order to drive revenue on related betting opportunities. You will inform the customer of concessions and promotional activity that will help promote the brand and drive engagement
- Support the SEO strategy by populating and managing copy in key onsite areas
- Create instances to signpost and provide quick access to relevant betting opportunities and promote the breadth and depth of betting opportunities
- Handle the communication and management of dynamic content television instances across both brands by utilising the respective Grand Parade live odds admin applications to populate the data feeds in required instances. You will provide onsite support to underpin this. You will ensure the TV advertising schedule is supported by onsite sports content across both brands
- Provide content management support and insight in creating banners, promotional content and featured instances to support the retail customer journey and create consistency with all other platform, driving a familiar customer journey across all products
- Flexibility in working to support a seven day working week, between the hours of 8am-11pm (including Bank Holidays). This will include the necessity to support operations out of hours when the sporting schedule dictates and based on business requirements
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for then you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Leadership ability essential
- HTML experience preferred
- Extensive sports and betting knowledge essential
- Usage of content management systems, including Google Analytics
- Highly motivated individual
- Good time management skills
- Always able to meet deadlines set by the business
- Responds positively to change
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships
- Proactive and methodical approach to matters
- Enthusiastic individual, who works to develop their skills base
- The role will require you to work at those times when our sportsbook is at its busiest, so evening and weekend work will be frequent
- Experience with the following platforms, applications and tools are nice to have:
- OpenBet Display Manager CMS
- Openbet Admin & Back Office
- Adobe Experience Manager
Based in Gibraltar, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days’ sunshine per year! For further information regarding relocating to Gibraltar/Southern Spain and working in the online gaming industry, please have a look at our YouTube video.
So, if you are looking for this exciting position, and want to work for an industry leader in the sun, look no further and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org