Chief Legal & Compliance Officer
Salary: £160,000 – £200,000 + Benefits + Relocation Assistance
Our client’s Board of Directors and executive management recognise the ever-increasing importance of effectively managing its legal and compliance functions, especially around compliance with the various gambling licences under which the company operates.
The CLCO will take complete ownership of the legal & compliance functions for the business by establishing and managing policies and procedures to ensure that the company is complying with all its legal and regulatory requirements.
The CLCO will ensure that compliance is put at the heart of the business and that these policies and procedures are properly understood and enforced across Board level, senior management and general employees.
The CLCO will represent the legal & compliance function at the executive management team level (C-Level), at the Board and externally with advisors, regulators, auditors and other relevant parties.
This challenging yet exciting Chief Legal & Compliance Officer opportunity will see the successful candidate take on the following responsibilities:
- To oversee the legal and compliance functions of the organisation ensuring that the respective directors of compliance and of legal and their teams are set relevant and achievable targets and are properly performance managed
- Define the necessary level of knowledge on existing and emerging regulatory compliance requirements across the different levels of the organisation
- Oversee and monitor the implementation of the development of the legal and compliance functions, revising structure as necessary to meet developments in ongoing regulation
- Provide strategic direction to the management team on legal and compliance matters
- Prepare and present clear and concise legal and compliance reports to the Board
- Coordinate internal compliance reviews and monitor activities, including periodic reviews of departments
- Provide effective training and guidance to colleagues to strengthen the approach to legal and compliance and build relevant skills and capabilities across teams
- Provide guidance, advice, and/or training and educational programmes, to improve the business’ understanding of related laws and regulatory requirements
- Understand, monitor and review all developments within the legal and regulatory environment of the business, recognising areas which need improvements and acknowledging vulnerabilities within the business and implementing plans to address them
- Build and proactively maintain the relationship with regulators across our licensed activities.
- Provide day to day support to all internal and external stakeholders on any issues around legal, compliance and regulation Independently investigate and act on matters related to compliance as required
- Reporting to the CEO, part of C-Level executive team
- Managing the Director of Legal (who is also Company Secretary) and the Director of Compliance
- Working closely with the company’s Board and its newly established Audit Risk Compliance Committee (ARC)
- Building and maintaining relationships with regulators, primarily in Gibraltar and the UK
- Working with external service providers
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for then you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Degree-educated (legal background or qualification preferred)
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar legal and/or compliance based role, ideally within the e-Gaming Industry, or similar
- Relevant legal and compliance qualifications and experience
- Experience in managing legal and compliance assessments across various departments within a business
- Substantial practical and theoretical experience dealing with regulatory compliance, including, customer verification, AML/ fraud, ASA, social responsibility, PCI and data protection
- An interest or knowledge of e-Gaming desirable but not essential
- Appreciation of the customer experience with a strong focus on customer relations
- Flexibility to meet the changing needs of the business, regulators and general industry
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills
Based in Gibraltar, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days’ sunshine per year! For further information regarding relocating to Gibraltar/Southern Spain and working in the online gaming industry, please have a look at our YouTube video.
So, if you are looking for this exciting position, and want to work for an industry leader in the sun, look no further and send your CV to email@example.com